Sunday, March 5, 2006

What of this Augustinian?

Who am I? Why was I born? Why must sickness come about my way? These are the questions that baffled me for such a long while. Thank God Almighty for the doctrines of Grace. About four years ago (after the death of my sister) the Lord brought me to the reformed faith; and I credit God ALONE for that revelation. [I tend not to worship at the feet of any man, nor make idol’s of their teachings or their worldly accolades, no matter the height of their IQs or how many doctorates they claim to have (Ephesians 4:6, John 12:43)].

The fact remains; I am a sinner, and a very good one at that. I’ve done many things in my past that I am today ashamed of, however I’ve been bought with a price, and that price was the death of my savior Jesus Christ; by which I have been forgiven for all time.

To be chastised is a special privilege; it has proven over the years that I am loved deeply by my Father in heaven.

Since my first birth I’ve had many health problems, but by God’s grace these health issues have brought glory and honor to my Lord. Through the years he has taught me many lessons in suffering and hardships, yet through it all he has kept me preserved.

Many people call me harsh, mean and frank; and yes I’ve offended many. Yet God in his mercy is still teaching me compassion for those that are lost, hurting and for those that just plain disagree with me. I know not all the answers to life’s questions, nor do I claim to know all of God’s word, but I will always (by God’s Grace) try my hardest to point one back to the cross.

The Spiritual gifts that have been entrusted to me are of the hardest gifts to exercise. Yet my hope will always be in Christ to direct my steps, even when I lean on my own understanding and blow it. These gifts have cost me friendships, yet still I look to Christ. They have cost me family relationships, yet still I look to the cross (Matthew 10:20-22). I will not waver nor compromise my convictions, for the sake of mere men and their foolish doctrines (Romans 3:4).

My hope is to continue to be used by God in any way he so chooses, for the furtherance and encouragement of HIS Church.

I want to thank all of those who are still standing by my side even through all the hardships. It brings joy to my heart to be like-minded and Christ centered with all of you; as apposed to being friends based on men and their goofy biblical gimmicks ("Bring your Bible and your brains"). What a joke! LOL.

May the Sovereign God of the Universe continue to bless his precious Elect! Blessed God three in one!

1 comment:

chosen1z said...

Hi Joey, Great article... we sound like similar people, you & I, maybe we should get to know each other better :-) - Chris.